- A man can search for God on the stormy waves of the ocean and only find fear.
- A man can descend into the depth of the sea and find intrigue.
- A man can climb the high mountains and find only fatigue.
- A man can explore the landscapes of rough terrain and find adventure.
- A man can stalk the forests of the land and find only frustration.
- A man can sit in his tree-stand and find success.
- But a man need only to ‘be still” to find God.
“Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the gentiles, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psa. 46:10
“Listen to this, Job: Stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God.” Job 37:14
“And He (God) said, “Go and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And behold, the LORD passed by, brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: and after earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire, a still small voice. And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood…..” I Kings 19:11-13
We all would do well to stand still and listen to the “still small voice.” We will be amazed how God will reveal himself to us. And we too will stand humbled in His presence.